Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Farewell, dear friend


I wrote an elegy for my little car on the occasion of its death. I felt I couldn't let my friend of 10 years go without paying it tribute, though I am fully aware of how silly that sounds. Buttercup was with me through some good times and some tough times; she was my first, and I will always have a place in my heart for her. I doubt I will ever feel that comfortable in a car again; she has spoiled me for all others in the future.


Goodbye, my vehicular friend. May you find peace in auto heaven.

EDIT: I sent my silly little elegy to Saturn, and they sent me back a die-cast model of a car similar to Buttercup, to remember her by. It was a sweet gesture, but a shame that they didn't have an SL2 to send me - a die-cast model of a different car isn't quite the same.

No comments: